Thursday, October 10, 2013

In the beginning.....

Why a Church in Miniature...?

Maybe it's because the church represents all the big milestones in my life.
I fondly remember my local parish church which holds many happy memories of happy times in childhood spent at Sunday School and where later I became confirmed and went on to learn the guitar and to make many good friends.
It is where I was married and my three children were baptized.
And it is where I said my last 'goodbyes' to my dear, much loved parents....John and Margaret.  
This tiny church is being made in memory of them....



I have used the Dollshouse Emporium Village Hall kit for this project. Being smaller in size than most of the other Church kits available, I felt it wouldn’t take up too much space yet it had most of the elements I wanted, including the bell tower and the arched doorways and windows. I just needed to make some small changes to the original design ....

Work began in December 2011....



The Village Hall Kit promotional photo shown here made into a school


No comments:

Post a Comment